Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Peter Becker <pb...@meganesia.int.gu.edu.au> on 2001/06/01 09:52:23 UTC

SVG-Editor with Batik?

  Hello,

is anyone working on an SVG editor using Batik? I am currently using
WebDraw and I like to be able to switch back and forth between source
and canvas -- this is probably the most important feature for me (the
rest is like a GUI designer: nice for learning and quick hacks but in
the end I stick with the code).

I guess it is quite easy to combine a JSVGCanvas, a JEditorPane and a
DOM to get a simple version running using Batik and Swing. Is anybody
doing this? Is anybody working on something like javax.swing.text.*
classes for XML/SVG support in Swings text editor panes? Would this be
the way to go?

Thanks,
   PeterB