Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@apache.org> on 2021/12/15 03:34:54 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 1.15.1 (rc1)

Hello,

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of Apache
NiFi 1.15.1.

This vote, unlike most, is purely stability and security focused.
This vote is rooted
in a prompt response to the 'log4shell' vulnerability and related
logging announcements.
It also includes other easy to incorporate bugs and improvements.  It
should be easy to
upgrade from any 1.15 install to this and just as easy as it was to go
from pre 1.15 to
this 1.15.1.

The source zip, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1192

The source being voted upon and the convenience binaries can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/nifi/nifi-1.15.1/

A helpful reminder on how the release candidate verification process works:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/How+to+help+verify+an+Apache+NiFi+release+candidate

The Git tag is nifi-1.15.1-RC1
The Git commit ID is 2a756372fc7097ece6258c2af47b9a5f26384b02
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=nifi.git;a=commit;h=2a756372fc7097ece6258c2af47b9a5f26384b02

Checksums of nifi-1.15.1-source-release.zip:
SHA256: 83d06011f0d2608d2d9cf951deae04d7b0921f2a7c8b1052ca9d058cf46b7d52
SHA512: 009161e81e207a16060d9efd37e9b9abd1c1d5b5d57024a2b4c0d0ea17050f65b3a025632718161cba41948fe51d93aed65a4daba2542fce4da51d0184872039

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/joewitt.asc

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/nifi/KEYS

45 issues were closed/resolved for this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12316020&version=12351055

Release note highlights can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Release+Notes#ReleaseNotes-Version1.15.1

Given the nature of the vote being about a prompt release to remove vulnerable
logging related libraries the vote will be open for 24 hours (instead
of the normal 72 hours).

Please download the release candidate and evaluate the necessary items
including checking hashes, signatures, build from source, and test.
Then please vote:

[ ] +1 Release this package as nifi-1.15.1
[ ] +0 no opinion

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 1.15.1 (rc1)

Posted by Nathan Gough <th...@gmail.com>.
Little bit late but +1 non binding, verified the hashes and tested a secure
cluster + secure external ZK and some data flows.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Apache NiFi Community,

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 1.15.1 (rc1)

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Joe Gresock <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Ran through release helper, tested various flows and components
including LogAttribute, InvokeScriptedProcessor, etc. Everything looks
good. Thanks for RM'ing and the quick turnaround Joe!

Posted by Chris Sampson <ch...@naimuri.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)

- ran through the release helper
- ran some simple flows with a couple of the new features/bug fixes to
verify

However, I note that there's a Dependabot notice in the GitHub repo
currently for log4j dependencies nested within the Elasticsearch NARs - it
may not be a problem, but thought worth pointing out.

---
*Chris Sampson*
IT Consultant
chris.sampson@naimuri.com

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Kotaro Terada <ko...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Marton Szasz <sz...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)
Went through the release helper guide, tested with a simple flow.
Thanks for rapidly preparing a release!

Marton

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)