Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/23 12:36:01 UTC

CXF specific status for Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

Hi,
I see #apache-cxf available at freenode but there are much less people
in there than at #cxf at codehaus.

There are more people in #apache-camel and the camel guys already
changed the info message shown at the old #camel room at codehaus to
display:

IMPORTANT - This room is moved to freenode.net to the #apache-camel chat room

Also the camel's IRC info page at
http://camel.apache.org/irc-room.html
has been updated to point to the new #apache-camel room at freenode.

Are we ready to switch to the new room at freenode?
Does something need to be done at Dan's archiving server?

If we are ready to move to the new room,
Can someone change the #cxf's info message at codehaus as done for the
#camel room? I can change cxf's IRC info page to point to the new
#apache-cxf room.

regards, aki

Re: CXF specific status for Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
> On Apr 23, 2015, at 10:18 AM, Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Right now, Dan is the founder of the freenode channel.  Generally its a good idea to have multiple founders on a channel to prevent the “hit by a bus” syndrome.  Its good to have several PMC folks listed as founders.
>
> So as soon as he is back, lets get him to add a few folks.

I’ve gone ahead and added permissions for Jeff and Aki as their ID’s are registered.   Thus, we’re up to 3.   If there are other PMC members that would like to be added, let me know.  You must have a registered user ID though which most of you that are on the channel right now don’t seem to have.  :-)

Channel logging is also now taken care of.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: CXF specific status for Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aki