Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by Hussayn Dabbous <hu...@saxess.com> on 2008/08/18 01:14:44 UTC

new cocoon video tutorial available

Hi;

I want to inform you, that the machinimatrix team has created a video
tutorial for cocoon-2.2 installation.
The tutorial can be found at

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/2008/08/17/cocoon-22-installation-tutorial/

If this work is appreciated, feel free to link to this video. If we see
interest in such kind of contribution,
we will continue creating more video tutorials as we further investigate
on cocoon.

And of course i am absolutely interested in any kind of feedback,
including critics, and erroneous parts

thanks for your attention.
regards, hussayn

Re: new cocoon video tutorial available

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
David Crossley pisze:
> Please do not use the "docs" mailing list.
> It is intended only for automated differences from
> our project's document management systems.
>
> Instead the users or dev lists.

I believe users is the best choice for such discussion.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: new cocoon video tutorial available

Re: new cocoon video tutorial available

Posted by Ken Starks <ke...@lampsacos.demon.co.uk>.
hussayn wrote:
> Hi, thanks for your so quick and positive response. I think, the creative
> team at machinimatrix will
> be eager to do some more stuff, including some really neat 3D visualizations
> of a cocoon pipeline.
>
> Ken Starks wrote:
>
>> Pity you couldn't find a real female, though, or is the
>> constituency of cocoon users still completely unbalanced in the male &
>> female sense ? - Using an avatar as "moderator" was part of the design
>> decision, when we made the concept for the tutorial. The main point here
>> is, that our tutorials are created in a 3D environment, which probably
>> will be "publicly visitable" at some time in the near future (plans are
>> made, but decisions need to be taken yet)
>>

> - Using a generated voice has 2 reasons:
>
> 1.) We thought, Avatars need computer voices (never break the media ;-) )
> 2.) The content is expressed in XML, so it is no problem to edit the text
> during content creation and of course it is no problem to create a
> transcription.
>
> Having said this, I think, we are going to add cocoon to our future video
> production chain .
>
> regards, hussayn

This is excellent news. If Cocoon is seen to be _the_ Killer application
that allows
your creative people to be creative, without the technology getting in
the way, who
can possibly deny that it is awesome.

I certainly don't really object to an avatar, and even if you were to
employ a
professional to do a performance, or just a voice-over, the avatar
edition could
provide an accurate reference to synchronise with, at a later editing stage.

Re: new cocoon video tutorial available

Posted by hussayn <hu...@saxess.com>.

Posted by Ken Starks <ke...@lampsacos.demon.co.uk>.
Hussayn Dabbous wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I want to inform you, that the machinimatrix team has created a video
> tutorial for cocoon-2.2 installation.
> The tutorial can be found at
>

> http://blog.machinimatrix.org/2008/08/17/cocoon-22-installation-tutorial/
>
> If this work is appreciated, feel free to link to this video. If we
> see interest in such kind of contribution,
> we will continue creating more video tutorials as we further
> investigate on cocoon.
>
> And of course i am absolutely interested in any kind of feedback,
> including critics, and erroneous parts
>
> thanks for your attention.
> regards, hussayn

This is a fabulous contribution. It will surely attract many more users
to Cocoon, and
to the Maven way of doing things.

I particulary like ( and yes, I know its already obvious to those who
have already
used coccon at any level ) the way you add a new match in the pipeline.

In a sense, it doesn't much matter what _we_ think, we the people who
already
use cocoon. What matters more is its appeal to those who make a quick first
visit to see if cocoon will be for them. I am sure this will make cocoon
look
much more appealing. Pity you couldn't find a real female, though, or is the
constituency of cocoon users still completely unbalanced in the male &
female
sense ?

Excellent ! But please advertise it outside the immediate cocoon
fraternity. I feel there
are (literally) millions of people who may need enticing back into the
fold after
deciding it was more than a tad too technical for them.

Ken