Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Apache Pulsar Slack <ap...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/09 09:11:03 UTC

Slack digest for #dev - 2020-05-09

2020-05-08 18:53:47 UTC - Alex Yaroslavsky: maybe I'm missing something, but ...
It seems that all (most?) function metadata (class FunctionMetaDataManager) is saved under public/functions and if I set a global defaultRetentionTimeInMinutes those topics start to clear out. At least this is the only explanation I can give to what I'm seeing in my env - the function is running and working but pulsar-admin functions get returns 404. What is the design here? Is it allowed to have non perpetual retention on public/functions?
----
2020-05-08 18:59:00 UTC - Addison Higham: co-worker of mine wrote a connector for dynamodb streams: <https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/6874> who is doing reviews on connectors these days?
+1 : Penghui Li
----
2020-05-08 19:12:05 UTC - Alex Yaroslavsky: it seems that my theory for retention is not correct. But I do see 404 on get for functions that exist and are running.
----