Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Marcus Kazmierczak <ma...@mkaz.com> on 1999/12/16 02:47:18 UTC

mod_jserv/5479: GNU make requirements causes failure during installation (FreeBSD)

>Number:         5479
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       GNU make requirements causes failure during installation (FreeBSD)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The GNU make requirement, which appears was added in 1.1b2 now causes the installation procedure to fail when installing under FreeBSD (3.3)
>How-To-Repeat:
This failure has occurred on the last three FreeBSD machines I installed it on.
>Fix:
My fix was to comment out the GNU make requirement lines in configure. The installation proceeds nicely until it comes to the documentation and configuration files which it craps out on.

However everything else gets created and installed, a few things need to be copied over and configured by hand, but in the end I get a working system.
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]