Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2009/01/05 13:51:42 UTC

CodingStyle question

Hi folks!

First of all a big hands up for OpenWebBeans!

I'm following this project since Matze made the announcement on the myFaces list a few months ago and I'm happy that the source finally found the way to the official apache repo.

Long story told short:
1.) what coding style will you use? Which tabsize, spaces only, etc? Maybe we'll provide an idea and eclipse prefs.xml?

2.) what appsrv are you testing your samples with? I tried tomcat-6.0.14, tomcat-6.0.18 and jetty-6.1.14 and got the following exceptions:
 jetty:
2009-01-05 13:15:24.018::WARN:  Failed startup of context org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext@13f4cf6f{/guess,/home/msx/develop/java/backwork/openwebbeans/samples/guess/src/main/webapp}
org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansDeploymentException: org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansException: Unable to bind object with name : java:comp/Manager
	at org.apache.webbeans.config.WebBeansContainerDeployer.deploy(WebBeansContainerDeployer.java:110)
Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: This context is immutable
	at org.mortbay.naming.NamingContext.bind(NamingContext.java:324)
	at org.mortbay.naming.NamingContext.bind(NamingContext.java:397)
	at org.mortbay.naming.NamingContext.bind(NamingContext.java:417)
	at org.mortbay.naming.java.javaRootURLContext.bind(javaRootURLContext.java:124)

 tomcat-6.0.18:
SCHWERWIEGEND: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.apache.webbeans.servlet.WebBeansConfigurationListener
org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansDeploymentException: org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansException: Unable to bind object with name : java:comp/Manager
	at org.apache.webbeans.config.WebBeansContainerDeployer.deploy(WebBeansContainerDeployer.java:110)
Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: Context is read only
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.checkWritable(NamingContext.java:903)
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.unbind(NamingContext.java:243)
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.unbind(NamingContext.java:282)
	at org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.unbind(SelectorContext.java:241)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.unbind(InitialContext.java:416)
	at org.apache.webbeans.util.JNDIUtil.unbind(JNDIUtil.java:79)

3.) Just to make sure I'm working with the right environment: currently a few tests do fail on my machine (Fedora10, sun java x86_64 1.6.0_12-ea-b03):
Failed tests:
testAroundInvokeWithSameMethodName(org.apache.webbeans.test.unittests.exception.ExceptionComponentTest)
nameSpacesNotDeclared(org.apache.webbeans.test.unittests.xml.XMLFieldTest)
testMultipleInterceptedComponent(org.apache.webbeans.test.unittests.intercept.EJBInterceptComponentTest)
testInterceptorWithSuperClassComponent(org.apache.webbeans.test.unittests.intercept.EJBInterceptComponentTest)

txs and LieGrue,
strub

Re: CodingStyle question

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.

Hi Mark;

* "WebBeans specification defines two runtime environment , Java SE environment via the "EJB Lite Container" and "Java EE" Application Server environment. Current specification says that implementation of the specification must be the integrated functionality of the Java EE Application Server.". Currently OpenWebBeans RI is written as plug-in model,(user have to manage configuration via ServletContextListener, Filter etc. in the web.xml), not an integrated functionality of the application server such as JBoss did. But we will talk with the Geronimo folks to integrate RI into the Geronimo Server runtime via our provided SPI that it has not done yet.

* Currently OpenWebBeans RI does not support EJB and JMS WebBeans.

2- You are right. In fact we will able to expose some SPI as an extensions to the RI. One of the such an extension will be the "JNDI Naming Context" interface. For example, if user wish to use OpenWebBeans RI in Tomcat or his environment, he has to implement such an extension via SPI and configures the OpenWebBeans RI to use it, instead of using the default. For the time being RI implementation just binds the "javax.webbeans.Manager" object into the InitialContext as default.

3- OK.

4- You could definitely help on RI whatever you want to work on, lots of open slots are waiting for us :))

/Gurkan

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Gurkan!

Re: CodingStyle question