Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ivan Rancati <iv...@sharpmind.de> on 2006/02/08 18:32:10 UTC

Connection to two databases in same test plan: possible?

I think this is not possible with the JDBC Request, but based on this
email discussion I thought I'd ask
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jmeter-user&m=106285267110499&w=2

If you specified two connections with the same URL but different
user/password, it would still use only one pool, and only one
username/password.  This problem should be fixed in the latest code in
CVS, but has not been fixed in the 1.9 branch.

I tried to specify two different JDBC connection configuration, each of
them with a different pool variable name, and then some JDBC request
that reference one of the pools.
What happens (which I think is by design, but all suggestions are
welcome) is that the first pool is instantiated, the second one is not,
and its corresponding request fail with this

2006/02/08 18:21:49 ERROR - jmeter.protocol.jdbc.sampler.JDBCSampler:
Error in JDBC sampling java.sql.SQLException: No pool created
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jdbc.sampler.JDBCSampler.sample(JDBCSampler.java:76)
        at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

thanks

--
 Ivan Rancati
 SharpMind QA