Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/03 19:56:43 UTC

Participate to Google Summer of Code

Hello,
What do you think of submitting a project to GsC where topic would be
around :
- Http/2 support on Apache JMeter and complete httpclient with required
protocol parts (ALPN)
- Introducing async IO
- Working on Threading model ?

Other ideas ?
Regards
Philippe

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

RE: Participate to Google Summer of Code

Posted by "Epp, Jeremiah W (Contractor)" <je...@cas.org>.

The idea of a test plan DSL comes to mind, though I'm not sure how much of
that is feasible to fit into a single summer. Also, anything related to
refactoring or documentation (especially of the more obscure interactions of
the internal APIs) would be welcome.

Cheers,
Wyatt

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any attachment(s), may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information from Chemical Abstracts Service ("CAS"), a division of the American Chemical Society ("ACS"). If you have received this transmission in error, be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message and contact the sender immediately by either replying to this message or calling 614-447-3600.

Re: Participate to Google Summer of Code

Posted by Graham Russell <gr...@ham1.co.uk>.
I think it's a good idea - especially h/2 support.

My only suggestion beyond those would be: Study and improve the UX -
especially for novice users/basic actions.

Thanks

Graham
Graham

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

On 04/02/2017 11:34, sebb wrote:
> On 4 February 2017 at 11:31, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 04/02/2017 09:07, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Thanks Milamber for proposal.
>>>
>>> I suppose student will interact with team on dev mailing list and commit
>>> his code on a particular branch or guthub mirror fork ?
>>
>> Yes the student will interact with the team, but I think that some
>> 'academic' works are needed like some Proposal Submission, progress update,
>> paper about works at the end, etc.
>>>
>>> Mentoring is about 5 hours per week , can we be more than one to mentor if
>>> you can't alone ?
>>
>> Why not, we can propose several subjects, but it's not sure that all will be
>> accepts.
> I think he meant multiple mentors for a single student ... i.e. backup
> mentor(s) for you.

You're right.

I can as backup or help for some part of mentoring.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi,