Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by metalotus <me...@hotmail.com> on 2008/11/22 01:31:01 UTC

How to use "Validatable" to check all cells in a table?

Hi,

I have a DataTable and most cells are AjaxEditableLabel. These labels have
IValidator's attached, and validate as soon as you finish typing in them.

How do I run one big validation of all cells in my table? I need to kick it
off programmatically.

I think the solution involves "Validatable", but I don't know how to do the
iteration over all cells properly.

Thanks!
James

Re: How to use "Validatable" to check all cells in a table?

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
I haven't used AjaxEditableLabel, but I would suspect that if you put your
table in your form and added a FeedbackPanel to your form, a submit (or
AjaxSubmit) would do your validation and display errors in the feedback
panel (assuming like you said that you have validators added to the editable
labels).

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 6:31 PM, metalotus <me...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a DataTable and most cells are AjaxEditableLabel. These labels have
> IValidator's attached, and validate as soon as you finish typing in them.
>
> How do I run one big validation of all cells in my table? I need to kick it
> off programmatically.
>
> I think the solution involves "Validatable", but I don't know how to do the
> iteration over all cells properly.
>
> Thanks!
> James

Jeremy Thomerson