Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Todd <bi...@163.com> on 2015/08/18 11:40:07 UTC

Why there are overlapping for tasks on the EventTimeline UI

Hi,
Following is copied from the spark EventTimeline UI. I don't understand why there are overlapping between tasks?
I think they should be sequentially one by one in one executor(there are one core each executor).

The blue part of each task is the scheduler delay time. Does it mean it is the delay that the task is put into the thread pool and the task is picked to run?

Re:Why there are overlapping for tasks on the EventTimeline UI