You are viewing a plain text version of this content. The canonical link for it is here.
Posted to dev@juneau.apache.org by James Bognar <ja...@apache.org> on 2017/10/05 00:09:28 UTC
[DISCUSS] - Next release.
Hi all,
Thinking ahead now that 6.4.0 has been released...
If all goes smoothly with graduation, I'm thinking we should quickly create
a new "6.5.0" release once we've officially exited incubation. It seems
like a nice even number to start off from. I don't anticipate many new
features, but rather making sure the infrastructure is in place for
non-incubation releases.
Also, I think we should use the opportunity to change the prereq from Java
6 to Java 7. In particular, I've been waiting to use the file locking
features in the config component.
Any thoughts or other ideas?
Re: [DISCUSS] - Next release.
Posted by David Goddard <go...@acm.org>.
I don’t see it as a problem. Anyone looking to update to current Juneau is likely to be doing so in the context of a move to the new version of the Cognos software and hence a new JRE. We have one customer doing just that now.
David
> On 6 Oct 2017, at 18:18, James Bognar <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> David,
>
> I believe your teams are most dependent on older versions of Java. Is this
> upgrade from Java 6 to Java 7 going to work for them?
>
> On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 8:09 PM, James Bognar <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Thinking ahead now that 6.4.0 has been released...
>>
>> If all goes smoothly with graduation, I'm thinking we should quickly
>> create a new "6.5.0" release once we've officially exited incubation. It
>> seems like a nice even number to start off from. I don't anticipate many
>> new features, but rather making sure the infrastructure is in place for
>> non-incubation releases.
>>
>> Also, I think we should use the opportunity to change the prereq from Java
>> 6 to Java 7. In particular, I've been waiting to use the file locking
>> features in the config component.
>>
>> Any thoughts or other ideas?
>>
Re: [DISCUSS] - Next release.
Posted by James Bognar <ja...@apache.org>.
David,
I believe your teams are most dependent on older versions of Java. Is this
upgrade from Java 6 to Java 7 going to work for them?
On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 8:09 PM, James Bognar <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thinking ahead now that 6.4.0 has been released...
>
> If all goes smoothly with graduation, I'm thinking we should quickly
> create a new "6.5.0" release once we've officially exited incubation. It
> seems like a nice even number to start off from. I don't anticipate many
> new features, but rather making sure the infrastructure is in place for
> non-incubation releases.
>
> Also, I think we should use the opportunity to change the prereq from Java
> 6 to Java 7. In particular, I've been waiting to use the file locking
> features in the config component.
>
> Any thoughts or other ideas?
>