Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Kennedy, Colleen" <Co...@Peopleclick.com> on 2006/01/09 14:12:36 UTC

Exception iterating repository

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered before, I am new to jackrabbit and
could not find anything on it.  We are using jackrabbit via RMI and
somehow one of our nodes has been corrupted.  Each user has a node under
which they can store documents.  When we try to access one of the user's
we get the exception below.  I have tried to delete this user's node,
but get the same exception.  It seems to think it has a document with
the UUID listed below, but when it tries to access it, it is not there.

Does anyone have any ideas on how we can clean this?

Thanks,
Colleen

java.util.NoSuchElementException: e9acf1ea-b4c2-4aa5-9bc1-e905f5f002d2
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.LazyItemIterator.next(LazyItemIterator.jav
a:157)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.LazyItemIterator.nextNode(LazyItemIterator
.java:98)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerObject.getRemoteNodeArray(Serv
erObject.java:237)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerNode.getNodes(ServerNode.java:
206)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor44.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:261)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:144)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:4
60)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport
.java:701)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(Stream
RemoteCall.java:247)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:
223)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerNode_Stub.getNodes(Unknown Sou
rce)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientNode.getNodes(ClientNode.java:
207)
        at
com.peopleclick.cp.tools.DocRepositoryCount.main(DocRepositoryCount.j
ava:68)

Re: Exception iterating repository

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 1/9/06, Kennedy, Colleen <Co...@peopleclick.com> wrote:
> Apologies if this has been answered before, I am new to jackrabbit and
> could not find anything on it.  We are using jackrabbit via RMI and
> somehow one of our nodes has been corrupted.  Each user has a node under
> which they can store documents.  When we try to access one of the user's
> we get the exception below.  I have tried to delete this user's node,
> but get the same exception.  It seems to think it has a document with
> the UUID listed below, but when it tries to access it, it is not there.

The problem doesn't look like it would be related to JCR-RMI, but you
may want to check if the same code works without the RMI layer. Can
you access the node directly with the UUID?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development