Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Douglas Land <ds...@looprock.com> on 2016/07/06 19:03:06 UTC

Question about migrating local storage datadisks

We use local storage for everything, including datadisks. We need to
migrate these to another host, which docs all seem to say isn’t supported.
I’m confused why we can’t snapshot a datadisk, which, if I understand
correctly, should then get copied to secondary storage, and then bring it
up on another host. I hope I’m just missing something obvious.

RE: Question about migrating local storage datadisks

Posted by Somesh Naidu <So...@citrix.com>.
Yes, as long as the hypervisor host where the VM is running in step #5 does not have access to the storage where the datadisk currently resides.

Regards,
Somesh

Posted by Douglas Land <ds...@looprock.com>.

Posted by Douglas Land <ds...@looprock.com>.