Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by gek hua <yu...@magix.com.sg> on 2001/06/10 15:52:22 UTC

setting up Tomcat on win98

sorry for this simple question.

i am a trying to set up the Tomcat server on a win98 system.

But whenever i try to start the server running, i keep getting the:
   "You must set JAVA_HOME to point at your Java Development kit
installation" error message.

MY Jdk is installed at "d:\jdk1.3.1"
My Tomcat is installed at "d:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2"

In my autoexec.bat, i have set:

"path =d:\jdk1.3.1\bin"

In the folder d:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2, i have kept a bat file:

set TOMCAT_HOME = d:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2
set JAVA_HOME = d:\jdk1.3.1
bin\startup

The problem is whenever i run the above bat file, the error message will
appear.
This is maddening and hair-pulling!

would appreciate any help.

david

Re: setting up Tomcat on win98

Posted by Hemant Singh <he...@yahoo.com>.
HI :
place following line at top of your startup.bat
set TOMCAT_HOME=d:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2
set JAVA_HOME=d:\jdk1.3.1
It should work
Regards,
Hemant

Posted by Tariqs <so...@emirates.net.ae>.
See the attached html file that explains how to install tomcat on win 98 in
the most simple terms.  I had a tough time installing and eventually found
this on the web.