Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Denis Ahearn <da...@superioredge.com> on 2005/11/03 20:43:39 UTC

Using Windows Media Player video files (wmv) with Tomcat 5.0

Does anyone know how to get Windows Media Player video files (wmv) to work
within Tomcat 5.0 (or if this is even possible)?  I have a link in a JSP
page to a wmv file.  When I click on the link, instead of the video
appearing in Windows Media Player, all I see is a binary dump of the video
file in my browser (like  I opened the file in a text editor).

Thanks,
Denis

Re: Using Windows Media Player video files (wmv) with Tomcat 5.0

Posted by Robson dos Santos Franca <ro...@tre-sp.gov.br>.
Check the MIME type mapping in your web app's web.xml. For instance, add
this in webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml:

  <mime-mapping>
    <extension>wmv</extension>
    <mime-type>video/x-ms-wmv</mime-type>