Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by plj <pl...@mitre.org> on 2015/08/26 21:25:50 UTC

help with adding a process

Howdy,

  I'm trying to add my own process to NiFi.  So far I have written the
process and it compiles.  What I want now is actually see my process show up
in NiFis list web GUI of processors.

What I did, I tried to follow the Developers Guild modified by what the code
looks like (I sort of used nifi-geo-bundle as an example.  So in:

root/nifi-nar-bundles

I added
     nifi-image-bundles
     |---pom.xml
     |--nifi-image-processor
            |--src
                  |-- main
                        |--java
                              |-- org.mitre.nitfimages
            |--resources
      |--nifi-images-nar
             |--pom.xml

So it all compiles in maven but I don't know what I have to do to make my
process show up.  Clearly I'm missing a step or 3 to get my stuff added.
Can you please enlighten me?

thanks in advance,

Pat

Re: help with adding a process

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Pat,

If you are developing your bundle with in the nifi source code, you also
need to update the nifi-assembly/pom.xml to include your new nar in the
final package that gets built.

You can check if it is included after doing a full build, and checking the
lib directory (located wherever you are running nifi from) and seeing if
your image nar is in there.

-Bryan

Posted by plj <pl...@mitre.org>.

http://apache-nifi-incubating-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/help-with-adding-a-process-tp2579p2580.html