Posted to users@camel.apache.org by ychawla <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2011/07/08 07:49:55 UTC

Synchronous route for an asynchronous web service pair

Hello All,
I have two one-way asynchronous web services.  The first receives a request
asynchronously.  It processes it and then turns around sends a response to
the second service.  Both of these services will respond to any successful
invocation with an HTTP 200 or 202 status and I am using a WS messaging
address ID to correlate requests and responses.  This all works fine.

I am working with a partner who needs to invoke this web service pair
through a web-app.  Due to the synchronous nature of the web, they need to
invoke the request service and then stand up a service to receive the
response.

Is there a good Camel EIP that they can use to do this?

Thanks,
Yogesh

Re: Synchronous route for an asynchronous web service pair

Posted by ychawla <pr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Freeman,
I found this article written a while back that addresses this architecture:

http://www.catify.com/2010/11/02/handling-http-requests-with-an-asynchronous-system-in-the-back/

It seems a little complicated though and I was hoping there was an EIP that
would address this out of the box.

I looked into the CXF examples but it seems like I would have to modify the
WSDL which I am not allowed to do.

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

As you're talking about web service invocation, your requirement
sounds really like the callback usecase in cxf.
You may need take a look at the callback simple shipped with cxf kit.
Freeman
On 2011-7-8, at 下午1:49, ychawla wrote:

> Hello All,
> I have two one-way asynchronous web services.  The first receives a
> request
> asynchronously.  It processes it and then turns around sends a
> response to
> the second service.  Both of these services will respond to any
> successful
> invocation with an HTTP 200 or 202 status and I am using a WS
> messaging
> address ID to correlate requests and responses.  This all works fine.
>
> I am working with a partner who needs to invoke this web service pair
> through a web-app.  Due to the synchronous nature of the web, they
> need to
> invoke the request service and then stand up a service to receive the
> response.
>
> Is there a good Camel EIP that they can use to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Yogesh

Freeman Fang

FuseSource