Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Martin Gonzalez <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/07 02:06:35 UTC

AVD hardware requirements and configurations

Hey guys, I'm trying to improve the cordova documentation, I'd like to add some references for beginner users, about which are the minimum and recommended hardware requirements to use the Android Virtual Device.
Therefore, I'd like to know your opinion about this, according to your own experience, what kind of equipment, hardware or methods have you use to improve the AVD execution to speed it up. Something like: an expensive computer, with high end hardware or a limited computer with a processor and virtualization(VT-x) capabilities, join with an Intel x86 Atom System Image. Configurations, options, recommendations, anything. Well the idea it's provide a more detailed guidance to test their Cordova applications over virtual devices.
Thanks.