Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by pl...@plmresearch.com on 2005/09/19 15:19:34 UTC

Windows hook scripts

OK, I've searched high and low for some _good_ examples of windows .bat
files that are called via hooks scripts - not much luck.  I've also spent
a lot of time trying to cook some up myself - not much luck.  Does anyone
have a source that I could take a look at?  Specifically, I'm trying to do
a post-commit.bat that will talk with Mantis (issue tracker).  The
challenge here is that I've got svn running on my windows box (local) and
Mantis running on my webserver.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Re: Windows hook scripts

Posted by Gregory Piñero <gr...@gmail.com>.
I believe most people use the .bat file only to launch your main hook script
which could be in any langauge of your choice. Try expanding your search to
look for Python or Perl hook scripts instead and use them as examples.

-Greg

On 9/19/05, plmrsrch@plmresearch.com <pl...@plmresearch.com> wrote:

> OK, I've searched high and low for some _good_ examples of windows .bat
> files that are called via hooks scripts - not much luck. I've also spent
> a lot of time trying to cook some up myself - not much luck. Does anyone
> have a source that I could take a look at? Specifically, I'm trying to do
> a post-commit.bat that will talk with Mantis (issue tracker). The
> challenge here is that I've got svn running on my windows box (local) and
> Mantis running on my webserver.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mark

Gregory Piñero
Chief Innovation Officer
Blended Technologies
(www.blendedtechnologies.com <http://www.blendedtechnologies.com>)

Re: Windows hook scripts

Posted by Greg Thomas <th...@omc.bt.co.uk>.
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:19:34 -0400 (EDT), plmrsrch@plmresearch.com
wrote:

>OK, I've searched high and low for some _good_ examples of windows .bat
>files that are called via hooks scripts - not much luck.

FWIW, I have the following pre-commit.bat script that launches any
perl scripts that begin pre-commit-*.pl as pre commit hooks.

 set PERL=C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe
 set EXIT_CODE=0

 for %%I in ("%~dp0/pre-commit-*.pl") do %PERL% %%I %1 %2 & if ERRORLEVEL 1 set EXIT_CODE=1

 exit %EXIT_CODE%

It's easy enough to change for post-commit hooks, etc. - that's left
as an exercise for the reader!

HTH,

Greg
--
This post represents the views of the author and does
not necessarily accurately represent the views of BT.