Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Suladna <su...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/15 13:09:07 UTC

Simple call to URL to update data values

Hi!

I want to make simple calls to a URL in order to update some data values. The URL is as following:

http://www.myurl.com/test?param1=value1&param2=value2&param3=value3&param4=value4

Is there any way to do this efficiently using HttpClient 4? (I will do the call to the URL every minute).

Best regards,
Sul Adna

P.S.

I have tried writing the following:

HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
PostMethod method = new PostMethod( "http://www.myurl.com/test" );
method.addParameter( "param1", "value1" );
method.addParameter( "param2", "value2" );
method.addParameter( "param3", "value3" );
method.addParameter( "param4", "value4" );
client.executeMethod( method );

... but it doesn't work (the website is not updated).

Re: Simple call to URL to update data values

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 04:09:07AM -0700, Suladna wrote:
> Hi!
> ?
> I want to make simple calls to a URL in order to update some data values. The URL is as following:
> ?
> http://www.myurl.com/test?param1=value1&param2=value2&param3=value3&param4=value4
> ?
> Is there any way to do this efficiently using HttpClient 4? (I will do the call to the URL every minute).
> ?

See HttpClient 4.0 tutorial, fundamentals

http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/HttpClientTutorial

Oleg

 Best regards,