Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Jason Yang <pe...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/28 05:10:03 UTC

trafficserver PUSH

Hi community,
    I am trying to push some content into ATS, but it seems it only works when I push locally (on the same node), otherwise I get the following error. I have checked my ip_allow.config, I have tried to add either of the following lines, but none of them work. What else could be wrong? Thank you!

src_ip=0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255                    action=ip_allow  method=ALL
src_ip=172.31.64.5 (ip of the push node) action=ip_allow method=ALL

Error message

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 05:04:38 GMT
Connection: close
Via: http/1.1 CDN-test (ApacheTrafficServer/8.0.2 [c s f ])
Server: ATS/8.0.2
Cache-Control: no-store

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Not Found on Accelerator</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY BGCOLOR="white" FGCOLOR="black">
<H1>Not Found on Accelerator</H1>
<HR>

<FONT FACE="Helvetica,Arial"><B>
Check the location and try again.
</B></FONT>
<HR>
</BODY>

Best,
Jason

Re: trafficserver PUSH

Posted by Jason Yang <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vasanth and Miles,
    Thank you for your response! I have checked the records. <http://records.cn/>config, the two lines are correctly set.

A few observations that I didn’t state clearly in the last email.
1. I can PUSH locally without problem. (using either 127.0.0.1 or the ip of the node)
2. I can GET from a remote node without problem.
3. But when I PUSH from the remote note, it gives me the error.
4. ip_allow is used by ATS effectively, if I remove the lines, it can stop remote node GET the content.

I have tried several combinations of the following rules in ip_allow.config, none of them allows remote node to push successfully.
Any thoughts what I might have missed? Thank you!

src_ip=0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255                    action=ip_allow  method=ALL
src_ip=remoteIP action=ip_allow method=ALL
src_ip=remoteIP action=ip_allow method=GET|PUSH
dest_ip=127.0.0.1 action=ip_allow method=ALL
dest_ip=localIP action=ip_allow method=ALL

Best,
Jason

Re: trafficserver PUSH

Posted by Jason Yang <pe...@gmail.com>.
The header was from origin.
For certain type of objects, I want to leave the decision whether it should be cached to my application, so the origin set no-cache header. If my application wants the object to be cached, it will push to ATS.
I have attached a simple go program for demonstrating the concurrent push https://pastebin.com/Q8qmM8hJ.

Best,
Jason

Re: trafficserver PUSH

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@verizonmedia.com>.

Re: trafficserver PUSH

Posted by Jason Yang <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alan,
    Thank you for your reply! This is concurrent push to different objects. Any thoughts where I could do? Or do you think it will be easy to modify the source code? Thank you!

Best,
Jason

Re: trafficserver PUSH

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@verizonmedia.com>.
Concurrrent to the same object? That would be expected.

Re: trafficserver PUSH

Posted by Jason Yang <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi community and Miles,

Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 21:24:39 GMT
Connection: close

Re: trafficserver PUSH

Posted by Miles Libbey <ml...@apache.org>.

RE: trafficserver PUSH

Posted by Vasanth Mathivanan <va...@evolutiondigital.com>.
Hi Jason ,

Can you confirm requested URL working or not with out ip_allow configuration ,If  works then you need to check the  records config for ip_allow config file enabled or not. Because your config file must mentioned in globally then it will works .if not you should give on that .One more option you should try with remap rules .

                CONFIG proxy.config.cache.ip_allow.filename STRING ip_allow.config

CONFIG proxy.config.http.push_method_enabled INT 1

Thanks
__Vasanth