Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Manu Chadha <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2020/10/08 22:20:17 UTC

Does Cass-Operator create 3 100GB disk volume

Hi

I have created a cluster on GCP using Cass-Operator. While inspecting the cluster, I noticed that there are six 5GB disks and three 100 GB disks. I suppose the six 5GB disks belong to the 3 replicas. What created the 100GB disks ? If Cass-operator created them, what are they used for? What would be the storage capacity of the database now 5G per pod or something else?

[cid:image002.png@01D69DC9.925FD670]

RE: Does Cass-Operator create 3 100GB disk volume

Posted by Manu Chadha <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Hi

The 100GB disks are getting created when I create the cluster –

gcloud container clusters create cassandra-cluster

Looks like it is not cass-operator issue as I didn’t create any cass-operator specific objects yet. Maybe K8s need these.

However, I do notice that even if I delete the cluster, the 5G disks persist. Shouldn’t these get deleted as the reclaimPolicy is delete in Storage.yaml?

apiVersion: storage.k8s.io/v1
kind: StorageClass
metadata:
  name: server-storage
provisioner: kubernetes.io/gce-pd
parameters:
  type: pd-ssd
  replication-type: none
volumeBindingMode: WaitForFirstConsumer
reclaimPolicy: Delete <-- shouldn’t this delete disks once the cluster is deleted?

thanks

Posted by Manu Chadha <ma...@hotmail.com>.
[...]

[cid:image002.png@01D69DCC.68C7C4A0]

- John

Re: Does Cass-Operator create 3 100GB disk volume

Posted by John Sanda <jo...@gmail.com>.

--

- John