Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "KOTA, KUMAR (SBCSI)" <kk...@sbc.com> on 2004/11/17 20:49:59 UTC

Socket timeout

I am using the httpclient version 3.0-alpha2 and it is still causing
this "socket closed" exception that is mentioned below...is there a
version of commons-httpclient out there that I can use to fix this?
=========================
HttpClient does not work with IBM JSSE shipped with IBM Websphere
Application Platform
Several releases of the IBM JSSE exhibit a bug that cause HttpClient to
fail while detecting the size of the socket send buffer
(java.net.Socket.getSendBufferSize method throws
java.net.SocketException: "Socket closed" exception).
Solution: Make sure that you have all the latest fix packs applied.
HttpClient users have reported that IBM Websphere Application Server
versions 4.0.6, 5.0.2.2, 5.1 do not exhibit the problem.

Re: Socket timeout

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 11:49:59AM -0800, KOTA, KUMAR (SBCSI) wrote:
> I am using the httpclient version 3.0-alpha2 and it is still causing
> this "socket closed" exception that is mentioned below...is there a
> version of commons-httpclient out there that I can use to fix this?
> =========================
> HttpClient does not work with IBM JSSE shipped with IBM Websphere
> Application Platform
> Several releases of the IBM JSSE exhibit a bug that cause HttpClient to
> fail while detecting the size of the socket send buffer
> (java.net.Socket.getSendBufferSize method throws
> java.net.SocketException: "Socket closed" exception).
> Solution: Make sure that you have all the latest fix packs applied.
> HttpClient users have reported that IBM Websphere Application Server
> versions 4.0.6, 5.0.2.2, 5.1 do not exhibit the problem.

Kumar,
Which part of the statement above requires additional clarifications?

Oleg