Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by dloscalzo <dl...@isminc.com> on 2007/07/20 13:21:26 UTC

JMeter problems when connecting to a MySQL database

I am attempting to test out a MySQL database using Apache Jmeter. When I do
so, Jmeter logs the following error message to a file:

I've googled around, but I don't have a lot of Java knowledge and I'm
finding it difficult to determine what the classpath is, let alone how to
set it or even where to grab this driver file that it's looking for (which
is com.mysql.jdbc.Driver, I'm assuming).

The same error message also occurs on a Windows XP VM that I used for
testing, so I know it's not an OS X specific problem, but that's the one
that I'll be running it from.

Re: Return a data!

Posted by keerat <ke...@gmail.com>.
Yes- in exactly the same fashion.

After your HTTP Sampler, add a Regular Expression Extractor.
Note the Reference Name (assume you call it: regexName).
Add in the appropriate regular expression. Typically something like this:
  form.name="foo".action="(.+)"
You'd be matching on the template $1$, and you'd probably want a specific
(typically first) match.

In a subsequent HTTP sampler, fire the HTTP request using the reference name
you defined in the regex extractor as ${regexName}.
You'll need to tweak the GET/POST options, and perhaps add in another regex
to pull out the requisite POST params that you might need and submit them
with the same naming convention as a request parameter.

--
http://recursor.blogspot.com

Re: Return a data!

Posted by TM...@etq.com.

--
http://recursor.blogspot.com

Re: Return a data!

Posted by keerat <ke...@gmail.com>.

--
http://recursor.blogspot.com

Re: JMeter problems when connecting to a MySQL database

Posted by dloscalzo <dl...@isminc.com>.
I'm still not seeing anything.  I have a single thread running for the
purposes of the test, which has been set to stop thread in the event of an
error.  If I run the test, the 'light' turns green and continues to do so
indefinitely.  There is nothing available under the tab with all options
checked under the configuration screen so as to grab any possible clue as to
what could be happening.

Posted by keerat <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by dloscalzo <dl...@isminc.com>.

Posted by keerat <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by dloscalzo <dl...@isminc.com>.

Posted by Tracy Zhu <tr...@gmail.com>.
In my experience, you should put the .jar file under lib/ folder.

On 7/21/07, dloscalzo <dl...@isminc.com> wrote:

> OK.  I modified the 'my.cnf' file, restarted the mysql daemon and made
> sure
> that it was listening on the local address.  The port now shows as being
> open when I scan the machine.
>
> Jmeter still seems to have trouble connecting as it's still hanging after
> the test is started and logging nothing to the output file other than the
> column headers.
>

> André Pfeiler wrote:
> >
> > On Friday 20 July 2007 17:25, dloscalzo wrote:
> >> After reading the Jmeter user manual page closely, I changed the
> database
> >> URL to the following:
> >>
> >> jdbc:mysql://<serveraddress>/<databasename>
> >>
> >> I scanned the machine and port 3306 is not open.  Is this a possible
> >> cause
> >> of the issue?
> >>
> >> The log file only writes headers, but Jmeter hangs when the test is run
> >> and
> >> nothing happens until I stop the job.  I'm assuming that it is now
> >> attempting to communicate with the database on the machine, but is
> unable
> >> to.  There is no firewall running on this machine either.
> >
> > check out the mysql config file. skip-networking or an option like this
> > and
> > comment

> >> have

> repeated

> >> due

> correct?  Is

> > --
> > André Pfeiler
> >
> > The e-Spirit Company GmbH
> > Barcelonaweg 14
> > D-44269 Dortmund
> > http://www.FIRSTspirit.de
> >
> > fax: +49 231 28661-59
> > e-mail: pfeiler@e-Spirit.de
> >
> > Geschäftsführer:
> > Jörn Bodemann, Michael Kenfenheuer
> > Amtsgericht Dortmund (HRB 13961)

Return a data!

Posted by TM...@etq.com.

Posted by dloscalzo <dl...@isminc.com>.

Posted by André Pfeiler <pf...@e-spirit.de>.

Posted by dloscalzo <dl...@isminc.com>.

Posted by Piotr Swiecicki <sw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by dloscalzo <dl...@isminc.com>.
Hello Piotr, thank you for responding so quickly.

I have downloaded the JDBC drive for MySQL, but I am not sure if I have
installed it correctly.

I have copied the mysql-connector-java-5.0.6-bin.jar file to the /lib/ext
directory, but I now see the following error message repeated in the output
file:

com.mysql.jdbc.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure due to
underlying exception:

What have I done wrong?

Posted by Piotr Swiecicki <sw...@gmail.com>.