Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by bansi <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/06 21:12:04 UTC

Performance issue : Setting Dropdown value from onblur event

I am using a4j:onblur event on textfield to reRender other fields on the form
which include 3 dropdowns and 3 textfields

The moment i hit tab key a4j:onblur event works as expected & reRenders
other fields on the form. But their is great latency during reRendering and
what i have observed is it iterates thru each & every element in the
dropdown as seen on the page

In the onblur event method ( i.e. loadAssetDetails in my case) , i am
setting the value in  dropdown like this.selectedIndex = value retrieved
from database.
Here is the code snippet
In JSF Page
[code]
<h:inputText  id="propertyTag" value="#{deviceBean.tagNumber}" >
		                <a4j:support  action="#{deviceBean.loadAssetDetails}"
event="onblur"
reRender="manuf,model,serialNo,building,floor,colBay,location" />
		             </h:inputText>

[/code]

In Backing Bean
[code]

public String loadAssetDetails() {

		this.mfgrId = Long.toString(manuf.getId());	//manuf object is retrieved
from database. 	"mfgrId" to set the value in dropdown but it sets the value
only after scanning thru all the elements in dropdown as see in the page.
The samething happens for other dropdowns

            this.selectedBuilding = namsAsset.getBuilding();

            this.selectedFloor =  namsAsset.getFloor();

		  return null;
	  }

[/code]

Any pointers/suggestions will be highly appreciated

Re: Performance issue : Setting Dropdown value from onblur event

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossrichfaces/freezone/docs/tlddoc/rich/suggestionbox.html

Posted by bansi <ma...@yahoo.com>.