Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bing Du <bd...@iastate.edu> on 2006/12/21 17:46:35 UTC

[users@httpd] reload or restart for php.ini changes to take effect?

Hi,

Apache/2.0.52
PHP Version 4.3.9

I changed safe_mode and safe_mode_exec_dir in my php.ini.  To make the
changes take effect, should I reload or restart httpd?

Thanks in advance,

Bing

Re: [users@httpd] reload or restart for php.ini changes to take effect?

Posted by Bing Du <bd...@iastate.edu>.
> On Thu, December 21, 2006 10:46 am, Bing Du wrote:
>> Apache/2.0.52
>> PHP Version 4.3.9
>>
>> I changed safe_mode and safe_mode_exec_dir in my php.ini.  To make the
>> changes take effect, should I reload or restart httpd?

[snip...]

> You also want to check <?php phpinfo();?> to be certain your changes
> have taken effect.

Oh, yeah, phpinfo should tell.  I forgot about that one.  Thanks much for
the response.

Posted by Richard Lynch <ce...@l-i-e.com>.
On Thu, December 21, 2006 10:46 am, Bing Du wrote:
> Apache/2.0.52
> PHP Version 4.3.9
>
> I changed safe_mode and safe_mode_exec_dir in my php.ini.  To make the
> changes take effect, should I reload or restart httpd?

Yes.

php.ini is read at startup when PHP is loaded as a Module.

For CGI, php.ini is read on each page hit, as well as all of PHP
getting loaded in.

I presume php.ini is read only once at the startup of FCGI, but am not
100% sure on that one.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?