Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sebastian Roschke <se...@hpi.uni-potsdam.de> on 2007/01/17 14:38:58 UTC

[Axis2] [rampart] Problems using rampart

Hi everybody,

I have a problem using rampart in axis2. I just have configured the
axis2-client.xml this way, that it should use rampart. At the moment I
have no configuration for the rampart module at all. While using the
client api to invoke a soap request, I get the following exceptions:

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Error in extracting message properties;
nested exception is:
    org.apache.rampart.RampartException: Error in extracting message
properties
    at
org.apache.rampart.handler.RampartSender.invoke(RampartSender.java:65)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:381)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:518)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:651)
    at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutOnlyAxisOperationClient.execute(OutOnlyAxisOperation.java:353)
    at
skid.messaging.ws.client.client.MessagingClientServiceStub.addClient(MessagingClientServiceStub.java:126)
    at skid.messaging.client.ClientControl.main(ClientControl.java:55)
Caused by: org.apache.rampart.RampartException: Error in extracting
message properties
    at
org.apache.rampart.RampartMessageData.<init>(RampartMessageData.java:294)
    at org.apache.rampart.MessageBuilder.build(MessageBuilder.java:56)
    at
org.apache.rampart.handler.RampartSender.invoke(RampartSender.java:59)
    ... 6 more
Caused by: org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: Error in
converting SOAP Envelope to Document; nested exception is:
    org.apache.axiom.om.OMException: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException
    at
org.apache.rampart.util.Axis2Util.getDocumentFromSOAPEnvelope(Axis2Util.java:121)
    at
org.apache.rampart.RampartMessageData.<init>(RampartMessageData.java:146)
    ... 8 more
Caused by: org.apache.axiom.om.OMException:
javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException
    at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.next(StAXOMBuilder.java:199)
    at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.dom.NodeImpl.build(NodeImpl.java:469)
    at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.dom.DocumentImpl.build(DocumentImpl.java:476)
    at
org.apache.rampart.util.Axis2Util.getDocumentFromSOAPEnvelope(Axis2Util.java:107)
    ... 9 more
Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException
    at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMStAXWrapper.updateLastNode(OMStAXWrapper.java:952)
    at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMStAXWrapper.next(OMStAXWrapper.java:913)
    at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.next(StAXOMBuilder.java:116)
    ... 12 more

This exception is thrown when invoking the first request on the stub. I
can find the following link concerning that problem:
http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-dev@ws.apache.org/msg25582.html

As proposed in this post I should check wether the soap message includes
MIME parts. I used MIME parts in former times, but at the moment I
disabled all MTOM related things.

Do you have any suggestions concernings this problem? Is it a known
problem or a bug?

Re: [Axis2] [rampart] Problems using rampart

Posted by Sebastian Roschke <se...@hpi.uni-potsdam.de>.
Hi Dimuthu,

I changed all the libs when engaging the rampart module to axis2. I know
that the axiom-1.2.2 jars are used. What code do you need? I think of
the stub, the skeleton and the part where the client calls the stub.
Anything that is important? I will send this code in a archive to you
personally. I don't think that I'm allowed to give out all code through
a public mailing list. Is that ok?

Regards,
Sebastian

Posted by Dimuthu Leelaratne <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebestian,

Posted by Sebastian Roschke <se...@hpi.uni-potsdam.de>.
Hi Dimuthu,

Posted by Dimuthu Leelaratne <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebastian,

Posted by Sebastian Roschke <se...@hpi.uni-potsdam.de>.
Mauricio,

sorry for the delay. So I think already posted the most important parts.
But here is the complete code again:

// create configuration context
ConfigurationContext configurationContext = ConfigurationContextFactory
                  .createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem(config
                          .getString(Config.CORE_AXIS_REPOSITORY), null);

// additional configuration of axis2 when required

// create the stub
MessagingClientServiceStub stub = new MessagingClientServiceStub(
                            configurationContext, config
                                    .getString(Config.CORE_SYSTEM_EPR));

// configure the stub/ service client via policies
Options options = stub._getServiceClient().getOptions();
StAXOMBuilder builder = new StAXOMBuilder("policy.xml");

options.setProperty(RampartMessageData.KEY_RAMPART_POLICY,
                    PolicyEngine.getPolicy(builder.getDocumentElement()) );

// working with the stub

I think this is the main part. Just try to configure your Rampart with
policies. The old configuration is deprecated and doesn't work for me.
Good luck...

Regards,
Sebastian

Posted by Mauricio Wodarski da Silva <wo...@gmail.com>.
Sebastian,

Posted by Sebastian Roschke <se...@hpi.uni-potsdam.de>.
Hi Ruchith,

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Here you go :

[1] http://rafb.net/p/9ymO1p28.html
[2] http://rafb.net/p/XoI52y98.html

www.ruchith.org
www.wso2.org

Re: [Axis2] [rampart] Problems using rampart

Posted by Mauricio Wodarski da Silva <wo...@gmail.com>.
Ruchith,

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebastian,