Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu> on 2005/12/28 06:25:45 UTC

Kandula_1 branch has been completely revised

Dear all,

Kandula_1 branch has been completely revised.

The revised code now supports the following-
* schema: 2004/10 wscoor/wsat, 2004/8 addressing (latest)
* asynchronous/messaging port types, except for activation and registration
other RPC port types have been dropped
* Geronimo TM for ws/j2ee interops, support for other TMs discontinued
* a comprehensive test suite

regards,
--dasarath

Re: Kandula_1 branch has been completely revised

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 00:25 -0500, Dasarath Weeratunge wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Kandula_1 branch has been completely revised.
>
> The revised code now supports the following-
> * schema: 2004/10 wscoor/wsat, 2004/8 addressing (latest)
> * asynchronous/messaging port types, except for activation and registration
> other RPC port types have been dropped
> * Geronimo TM for ws/j2ee interops, support for other TMs discontinued
> * a comprehensive test suite

I forgot to add .. can we get some of this stuff ported to the "2"
branch as well? Esp. the Geronimo integration would be great ..

Sanjiva.

Re: Kandula_1 branch has been completely revised

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>.
Quoting Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>:

> On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 00:25 -0500, Dasarath Weeratunge wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Kandula_1 branch has been completely revised.
> >
> > The revised code now supports the following-
> > * schema: 2004/10 wscoor/wsat, 2004/8 addressing (latest)
> > * asynchronous/messaging port types, except for activation and registration
>
> > other RPC port types have been dropped
> > * Geronimo TM for ws/j2ee interops, support for other TMs discontinued
> > * a comprehensive test suite
>
> WOW! Cool!! Great job Dasarath :).
>
> Are you ready to move towards a release? I guess we should do some of
> the interops too first? If you can please try the Indigo interop
> endpoints too - if they are not up we can get the MSFT guys to get them
> up again.

I tried the new implementation against the IBM endpoint and Kandula passed all
scenarios that I tested. I couldn't test scenarios that involve ws-security
(section 8). I will put an ANN on this once I have a nice test application in
svn.

It would be great to have them around but I'm not sure whether I will have time
before the semester starts again to work on them.

For a release we need to get J2EE -> ws part working. There is a very
simple implementation but I fear issues such as different class loaders used
inside the J2EE container to enforce isolation can complicate matters.

I'm looking forward to a release in summer of 2006.

--dasarath

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.