Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Federico D'Ambrosio <fe...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/14 12:51:27 UTC

Async Source Function in Flink

 Hello everyone,

just wanted to ask a quick question: I have to retrieve data from 2 web
services via REST calls, use them as sources and push these data to Kafka.
So far, I implemented a SourceFunction which deals with making the calls
with the respective clients.

Now, the function does use, for each REST call, Await.result(....). Do I
need to use Flink's AsyncFunction instead? What are the best practices when
it comes to AsyncSources?

Thank you,
--
Federico D'Ambrosio

Re: Async Source Function in Flink

Posted by Federico D'Ambrosio <fe...@gmail.com>.
I see, thank you very much for your answer! I'll look into pool connection
handling.

Alternatively, I suppose that since it is a SourceFunction, even
synchronous calls may be used without side effects in Flink?

Thank you,
Federico

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Hi Frederico,