Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Yu Watanabe <yu...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/20 11:56:18 UTC

Does apache flink support stream input from Postgresql ?

Hello .

I would like to ask question about possibility of stream read table rows
from PostgresQL using pyflink.

In use cases in online document, there is a example which is reading data
from transactional database.

https://flink.apache.org/img/usecases-datapipelines.png
<https://flink.apache.org/usecases.html>

Is it possible to stream read from PostgresQL  using pyflink ?

Thanks,
Yu Watanabe

--
Yu Watanabe
Weekend Freelancer who loves to challenge building data platform

Re: Does apache flink support stream input from Postgresql ?

Posted by Zhenghua Gao <do...@gmail.com>.
The jdbc connector can read data from PostgreSQL for Table/SQL users.
For pyflink, cc @Hequn

*Best Regards,*
*Zhenghua Gao*

Posted by Theo Diefenthal <th...@scoop-software.de>.
Hi,

You could check out Debezium [1] and get your database CDC into a kafka stream which can then be read nicely by flink.

Best regards
Theo

[1] https://debezium.io/documentation/reference/1.0/tutorial.html

[ https://flink.apache.org/usecases.html | https://flink.apache.org/img/usecases-datapipelines.png ]

[ mailto:yu.w.tennis@gmail.com | yu.w.tennis@gmail.com ]

[ https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuwatanabe1 ] [ https://twitter.com/yuwtennis ]

--
SCOOP Software GmbH - Gut Maarhausen - Eiler Straße 3 P - D-51107 Köln
Theo Diefenthal

T +49 221 801916-196 - F +49 221 801916-17 - M +49 160 90506575
theo.diefenthal@scoop-software.de - www.scoop-software.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln, Handelsregister: Köln,
Handelsregisternummer: HRB 36625
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Oleg Balovnev, Frank Heinen,
Martin Müller-Rohde, Dr. Wolfgang Reddig, Roland Scheel