Posted to builds@apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2020/03/23 15:42:40 UTC

More "websites" executors needed?

Hi,

Looking at https://builds.apache.org/label/websites/load-statistics
IIUC there's only 2 executors for the "websites" label and they are
very often both busy.

We're regularly getting timeouts lately, waiting for such an executor
in the Sling website build,
https://builds.apache.org/job/Sling/job/sling-site/job/master/

Do we need more executors, or is something else wrong?

-Bertrand

Re: More "websites" executors needed?

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
>for which we run builds.

1) You should not allow the execution of untrusted code (e.g. PR) in the
ASF infrastructure.
As far as I understand, nothing prevents putting malicious code in the
Jenkinsfile, then ASF Jenkins would execute it and reveal the passwords or
whatever.

2) Why do you need `website` executors for building PRs?
Are you updating the website based on the PR?

Vladimir

Re: More "websites" executors needed?

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ip...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 8:49 PM Vladimir Sitnikov <
sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:

> >I've figured out it's quite easy to
> >get pull request builds and previews using Netlify.
>
> That is interesting because I raised exactly the same question 1 year ago,
> and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18102 decision was
> Netlify can't be used ASF-wide due to limitations of the free OSS tier :-/

It's currently not systemwide, but in use by 3 projects, we'll keep an eye
on it but
currently seems to be working ok for these 3.

Gav...

--
Gav...

Re: More "websites" executors needed?

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi all,
in case someone else has the need, I've figured out it's quite easy to
get pull request builds and previews using Netlify.

They have an open source plan[1] that I have applied Apache Camel to.

zoran

[1] https://www.netlify.com/legal/open-source-policy/

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: More "websites" executors needed?

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi builders,

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: More "websites" executors needed?

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ip...@gmail.com>.

--
Gav...

Re: More "websites" executors needed?

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hello Zoran,

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi builders,
Apache Camel is participating in the Outreachy program[1], and we have
a lot of pull requests[2] for which we run builds.

I think the other projects are having issues because of this. Not sure
what can be done about this, we have no other way to check and preview
the change if we don't run the build.

zoran

[1] https://www.outreachy.org/apply/project-selection/#apache
[2] https://github.com/apache/camel-website/pulls