Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Lisen Mu <im...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/11 10:48:19 UTC

about JDK versions

Hello.

I've noticed that current version of drill compiles successfully under jdk
7, but not under jdk 6.

However, It seems that the hadoop community has not yet announced official
"support" for jdk 7:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopJavaVersions

So before diving into further development, It would be very helpful to know
your opinion and plan about supporting different jdk versions. Will there
be a back port to jdk 6?

many thanks!

Re: about JDK versions

Posted by Lisen Mu <im...@gmail.com>.