Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Heinen <mh...@recommind.com> on 2006/05/15 12:38:33 UTC

getting sources - mvn install fails

Hi all,

I am not able to get the myFaces sources into eclipse and build the
project.

I downloaded Tortoise SVN (Windows client and eclipse plugin) and tried
to follow the WIKI instructions on
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Eclipse_IDE.

mvn install fails with the following message:

Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/wagon/wagon-ssh-exte

rnal/1.0-alpha-5/wagon-ssh-external-1.0-alpha-5.pom

[INFO]

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO]

Project ID: org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh-external

Reason: Error getting POM for
'org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh-external' from t

he repository: Error transferring file
org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh-external:pom:1.0-alpha-5

from the specified remote repositories:

  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2), apache-maven-snapshots
(http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository)

*** end message ***

Do I also need a maven plugin for eclipse or anything else?

Any help is appreciated

Michael

RE: getting sources - mvn install fails

Posted by Julian Ray <ju...@yahoo.com>.
You may want to keep starting the install several times until it works.
Maven tends to give up on a download and exit rather than sleeping and
trying again. Sometimes it takes us 4 or 5 iterations to get a full build.

  _____