Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benedict Heal <bh...@benedictheal.com> on 2006/08/15 22:08:38 UTC

[m2] mvn for midlets

I want to build midlets using maven2.
I cannot get the correct dependencies for the Wireless Toolkit jars to
be seen by the compiler.
Can anyone point me at a real pom for building a midlet? I've googled
for hours to no avail.

Many thanks,
Benedict

Re: [m2] mvn for midlets

Posted by Benedict Heal <bh...@benedictheal.com>.
Marco Mistroni wrote:
> Hello Benedict,
> wanted to do same... after googling found this link
>
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/j2me-maven-plugin/howto.html
>
> HTH
> marco

Many thanks for this pointer.
I added the wireless toolkit jars to my repository by hand, and can now
compile the midlet.
However I still cannot get the maven j2me plugin  to be recognised.
In the pom.xml I've included in the <build> section the relevant plugin
configuration from the howto document, but
I always get the message:
--------------
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Mmidlet2 buld by maven
[INFO]    task-segment: [test]
[INFO]
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:j2me-maven-plugin: checking for
updates from central
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:j2me-maven-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
----------------------------

I was wondering if the plugin might be in some other repository that
needs special configuration to load from.
Any ideas? I'd still love to track down a complete working pom.xml.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Benedict

Here's part of my <build> section.

  <build>
    <sourceDirectory>src/java</sourceDirectory>
    <testSourceDirectory>src/test</testSourceDirectory>
    <plugins>
      <!--  <sdkPath>${j2me.sdkPath}</sdkPath> -->
      <!--
        -->
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>j2me-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution><!--
            <configuration>
              <sdkPath>c:/software/WirelessToolkit/WTK25</sdkPath>
            </configuration> -->
            <goals>
              <goal>preverify</goal>
              <goal>create-jad</goal>