Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Ryan Clifton <ry...@weiderinet.com> on 2003/01/21 19:17:20 UTC

Using IDBroker with existing Oracle sequences

Hello,

I have recently installed the stand-alone Torque distribution and have basically gotten everything working.. except one critical piece.  I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the IDBroker to link to my existing Oracle sequences and use them.  I've been searching the internet for a few hours and while I've seen plenty of people who say 'use the native setting on IDBroker', I've can't find any instructions on how to actually set it up.

If you could point me in the right direction or explain how to go about doing what I want, I would really appreciate it.

Just to explain a bit more of where I am:

I used the 'jdbc' task to reverse my database into XML.  I then generated my Torque java classes.  I can select existing records, so I know that my db connections are working.  When I insert, I currently get an error stating that the primary key is 'null'.  I was expecting the save() method to automatically fill this in.  I've read and figured out how to get around that by setting 'setNew(true)' and then it will go to the IDBroker.  Then I was thinking, how on earth will the IDBroker know where to go to get the sequence number?  So that's where I am..

Thanks!

Ryan Clifton