Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Di Li <di...@apple.com> on 2016/11/09 18:58:47 UTC

question for mapping client to origin servers

Hi,

Questions for how to map client to origin servers, is there any programmable interface that we can expose the connection between client to origin servers.

I know that we have stats over http, but that’s the counters for the system or each ATS instance instead of drill down to each connections, I also see the builtin web interface “{net}” or httpsm, but those are not programmable way.

Only thing that I can see the mapping is from logs , which eventually goes to a log parse or big data platform, then eventually get the mapping.

Is there other ways to achieve this instead of logs method ?

Thanks,
Di Li

Re: question for mapping client to origin servers

Posted by Miles Libbey <ml...@apache.org>.
ATS can log all the requests -- you have a fair amount of
customization available:
https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/logging/formatting.en.html

Posted by Di Li <di...@apple.com>.

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.