Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ed Smith <ed...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/30 15:36:04 UTC

Tomcat 5.0.2 Bug

I think there is a bug in Tomcat 5.0.2 (at least under
Windows XP) dealing with placing a $ before (at least
some) tags.

Consider the following JSP:

<jsp:useBean id="login" class="LoginBean"
scope="session"/>
<jsp:setProperty name="login" property="username"
value="foo"/>

    $<jsp:getProperty name="login"
property="username"/>

In Tomcat 4.1.24, this generates the following HTML
(as expected)

    $foo

In Tomcat 5.0.2, it generates

    $<jsp:getProperty name="login"
property="username"/>

****The jsp taglib does not get processed in
5.0.2.****  Note that if I add a space after the $, it
works in 5.0.2

Changing to

$ <jsp:getProperty name="login" property="username"/>

gets the following HTML

    $ foo

Am I missing something?  I didn�t find the problem in
either the bugs database or the mailing list archives.