Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Francois Gaudreault <fg...@cloudops.com> on 2013/10/11 16:59:42 UTC

KVM systemvm not getting IP

Anyone faced an issue where the KVM system VM doesn't set IPs on the
network interfaces? In fact there is no interfaces definitions in
/etc/network/interfaces.

I am using CS 4.2. I re-installed my host to use Ubuntu 13.04 (I have
the same behavior on CentOS 6).

--
Francois Gaudreault
fgaudreault@cloudops.com

Re: KVM systemvm not getting IP

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Look at the qemu log for that specific vm. Are these still system VMS or
user VMS?

Posted by Francois Gaudreault <fg...@cloudops.com>.
Thanks Kelcey.

--
Francois Gaudreault
fgaudreault@cloudops.com

Posted by Kelcey Jamison Damage <ke...@backbonetechnology.com>.
That is the old template and won't work with 4.2

You can follow one of the methods in http://cloud.kelceydamage.com/cloudfire/blog/2013/10/08/conquering-the-cloudstack-4-2-dragon-kvm/ if you wish to recover your cloud, or you can simply use the updated template link posted and start over again.

Thanks.

-Kelcey

--
Francois Gaudreault
fgaudreault@cloudops.com

Posted by Francois Gaudreault <fg...@cloudops.com>.
Can someone explain why CS tries to load PremiumSecondaryStorageResource
on a LXC zone?

2013-10-21 15:37:16,697 DEBUG
[storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:null)
VmWare hypervisor configured, telling the ssvm to load the
PremiumSecondaryStorageResource

I don't even have a VMWare zone anymore in my setup.... I am still
having issues with my SSVM/CPVM being killed. Do I need to update
anything on the systemvm image itself if I use non-oss?

Francois

On 10/15/2013, 5:12 PM, Francois Gaudreault wrote:
> Interesting. We built our CS with noredist (nonoss). So I should spin
> the KVM VM image, update the ISO on it, and then recreate the image?
> Did I understand you properly?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Francois
>
> On 10/15/2013, 5:10 PM, Marcus Sorensen wrote:
>> This has to do with how your cloudstack was built. Are you using
>> community provided packages? It's looking for the VMWare secondary
>> storage service, which isn't running.  I forget exactly how to fix it,
>> but it's something to do with compiling as '-Dnonoss' or '-Dnoredist'.
>> Something like that. After that you need to reinstall the packages so
>> that the systemvm.iso gets updated to the new code you compiled.
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Francois Gaudreault
>> <fg...@cloudops.com> wrote:
>>> Apparently, the cloud agent is not able to run on the version of the
>>> systemvm I have. This one:
>>> http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.2/systemvmtemplate-2013-06-12-master-kvm.qcow2.bz2
>>>

>>> The error is :
>>> 2013-10-15 20:39:25,195 ERROR [cloud.agent.AgentShell] (main:null)
>>> Unable to
>>> start agent: Resource class not found:
>>> com.cloud.storage.resource.PremiumSecondaryStorageResource due to:
>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

--
Francois Gaudreault
fgaudreault@cloudops.com