Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Philip M. Gollucci" <ph...@p6m7g8.com> on 2002/05/23 19:42:36 UTC

Re: CGI hosed in v2.0.43

I am by no means an expert here, but wouldn't that have something to do
with threading issues in the new apache brigade code ?

Re: CGI hosed in v2.0.43

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On 23 May 2002, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> I am by no means an expert here, but wouldn't that have something to do
> with threading issues in the new apache brigade code ?

Just so you know, brigades are intentionally thread-unsafe.  You can only
use a brigade or a bucket in *one* thread at a time, ever.  The problem
being described here is actually a filters problem, not a buckets problem,
though it might be that buckets have to be redesigned to fix the filters
problem.  That's for down the road, though.  All we've done is
brainstorm at this point.  :)

--Cliff