Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by "EXT-Sullivan, John P" <Jo...@boeing.com> on 2007/01/24 02:25:57 UTC

Do I need a custom partition?

Hello all!  I have my ApacheDS server running and I can connect to it
using uid=admin,ou=system.  I'm trying to load some test data (via an
.ldif file) in order to play around with it a bit more and wonder if
there is an easy way to create another partition (say
dc=cs,dc=boeing,dc=com for example) so that the ldif import will take
without failing.  I understand there is a programmatic way to do this:
http://wiki.apache.org/directory/ApacheDirectoryServer , but also wonder
if there is a command-line tool or 3rd party console that can make this
happen with less work (haven't had much luck with jxplorer).
Any ideas out there?  :-)
Best,
--John

Re: Do I need a custom partition?