Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Claes Holmerson <cl...@polopoly.com> on 2006/11/07 09:51:49 UTC

State in IndexSearcher that is not in IndexReader?

Sorry for asking the obvious, but I just want to be sure: Is there any
state associated with IndexSearcher that is not in the underlying
IndexReader (if created with IndexReader as argument). Sharing and
reusing IndexReader would be just as good as reusing IndexSearcher,
performance-wise, wouldn't it?

Thanks, Claes

Re: State in IndexSearcher that is not in IndexReader?

Posted by Paul Elschot <pa...@xs4all.nl>.
On Tuesday 07 November 2006 09:51, Claes Holmerson wrote:
> Sorry for asking the obvious, but I just want to be sure: Is there any
> state associated with IndexSearcher that is not in the underlying
> IndexReader (if created with IndexReader as argument). Sharing and
> reusing IndexReader would be just as good as reusing IndexSearcher,
> performance-wise, wouldn't it?

Currently IndexSearcher is indeed lightweight.
But one can use IndexSearcher.getIndexReader() and reuse
an IndexSearcher anyway.

Regards,
Paul Elschot