Posted to dev@ratis.apache.org by Dinesh Chitlangia <di...@apache.org> on 2020/05/20 23:53:00 UTC

Ratis Sonar Check

All,
Inspired by the methodology used in Apache Hadoop Ozone and the recent
changes made by Marton in RATIS-697 to enable Github Actions & Checks, I
think it is time we adopt Sonar to monitor code quality for Ratis.

With that in mind:
1 - I have got the incubator-ratis project added to Apache's Sonar Cloud
instance.
2 - I am working on RATIS-940 to enable sonar checks as part of Github
post-commit action.
3 - Once all this is set up, I will share more details on how to review the
current quality and take necessary actions.

To perform/test #2, we need to configure the project in Sonar UI.
During this initial configuration, an sonar_token is generated, which needs
to be added as a K,V pair secret in  Github Repo > Settings tab > Secrets.

Only administrators can make this change.

Does any Ratis committer/PMC member have such access or should I raise an
INFRA ticket to get this done?

P.S. I have tested the complete feature in my fork.

Thank you,
Dinesh

Re: Ratis Sonar Check

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <di...@apache.org>.