Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Cihan Aksakal <ci...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/19 16:07:11 UTC

Flume-0.9.4 log4J appender patch // Added formatted log

Hi,

I recognized, that the log4J appender does not handle custom log
patterns. Only the message body is attached. In most cases the formatted
log contains critical information.

I patched the log4J appender to add a formatted log using a specified
layout (if layout is set). The log is attached as a new field with the
name "raw".

Would be great to get this into trunk for a future release!

Best Regards,
Cihan Aksakal

Re: Flume-0.9.4 log4J appender patch // Added formatted log

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.
Cihan:

This sounds great! The proper channel for submitting patches is to
create a JIRA and attach the code as a patch (see
https://github.com/cloudera/flume/wiki/HowToContribute). We're in the
process of moving over the infrastructure from Cloudera to the ASF,
but you can use the existing Cloudera infra until we figure out the
details (i.e. just follow the contrib guide).

Let us know if you have any questions.
Thanks!

--
Eric Sammer