Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@tis.hr> on 2004/06/03 09:42:06 UTC

Parameter as custom array impossible?

Hi.

When I want to pass array of objects as a parameter to my component I
declare in component specification :
<parameter name="objects" type="java.lang.Object[]" direction="in" />
and in component class:
public abstract Object[] getObjects();
and everything works fine.

But when I try same thing with custom class User :
<parameter name="users" type="com.mycompany.User[]" direction="in" />
public abstract User[] getUsers();

it raises exception saying it canot find class User ??!!

-Vjeran

Re: Parameter as custom array impossible?

Posted by Robert Zeigler <rd...@u.arizona.edu>.
I had a similar problem which was resolved on upgrading to 3.0 final...
are you using one of the rc's or betas?

Robert

Posted by Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@tis.hr>.
Posted by Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@tis.hr>.
:-)
My typo, date is 18.04.2003., version 3.0 final, same tapestry.jar size, and
I remember a bug in Workbench/Table which has been present in last beta, and
then I downloaded final and it was gone ....so it is definetly final 3.0.
No othetr older Tapestry jars on classpath. Not even on my machine anywhere.

I dunno if this bug has been fixed before, but it was unfixed again then.
Even looking in ParameterManager.javat, I can clearly see where bug
resides - "[]" from com.mycompany.MyClass[] has not been removed...

-Vjeran

Posted by Robert Zeigler <rd...@u.arizona.edu>.

Posted by Petter Måhlén <pe...@elevance.se>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Any chance you've got the wrong fully qualified classname in your .jwc
file?  Are you sure that class is in the classpath? (sorry, I had to
ask)

	Erik

On Jun 3, 2004, at 8:58 AM, Vjeran Marcinko wrote:

> I checked again with my "in" parameter, and bug strikes:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com/mycompany/User[]
>
> I will add it to bug database ...
>
> -Vjeran

---

Re: Parameter as custom array impossible?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

RE: Image Gallery in Tapestry

Posted by Adam Saltiel <ad...@btinternet.com>.
Sarah,
I did this search using lookout (a port to .NET of Lucene):-
+to:tapestry +body:"image tapestry"~30

I can't find anything more likely than Joe Panico's Pixory.
http://www.pixory.org

If you mean something else I'd be curious.
Pixory is built on Tapestry and is looking very good. There is a hell of
a lot of work in it (well there is in ... you name it). Joe states it is
his hobby along with a couple of co-conspirators. At the moment it is
not open source, though he is contemplating it. I think it would be
great if it were GPL'd or LGP'd, either would be fine. It is just the
sort of app one would want to take up and mould to one's own use which
without the source can be a bit tough.

Adam

Image Gallery in Tapestry

Posted by sa...@women-at-work.org.

Tapestry Tutorial application under eclipse2.1

Posted by damar thapa <da...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

When I compile the Simple application of Tapestry
Tutorial, using eclipse 2.1 under gentoo Linux and
tomcatcat5.1.18, I get the following message:

Buildfile:
/home/damar/TapestryTutorial/simple/deploy.xml

Deploy_to_LocalDev:
      [delete] Deleting:
/home/damar/TapestryTutorial/simple/DeployWars/local-dev/simple.war
         [war] Building war:
/home/damar/TapestryTutorial/simple/DeployWars/local-dev/simple.war
         [get] Getting:
http://localhost:8080/manager/remove?path=/simple
        [echo] FAIL - No context exists for path
/simple

      [delete] Deleting:
/home/damar/TapestryTutorial/simple/deploy-local-remove.txt
       [unzip] Expanding:
/home/damar/TapestryTutorial/simple/DeployWars/local-dev/simple.war
into /opt/tomcat/webapps/simple
       [unzip] Unable to expand to file
/opt/tomcat/webapps/simple/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
       [unzip] Unable to expand to file
/opt/tomcat/webapps/simple/WEB-INF/classes/tutorial/simple/Home.class
       [unzip] Unable to expand to file
/opt/tomcat/webapps/simple/index.html
       [unzip] Unable to expand to file
/opt/tomcat/webapps/simple/WEB-INF/simple.application
       [unzip] Unable to expand to file
/opt/tomcat/webapps/simple/WEB-INF/Home.html
       [unzip] Unable to expand to file
/opt/tomcat/webapps/simple/WEB-INF/Home.page
       [unzip] Unable to expand to file
/opt/tomcat/webapps/simple/WEB-INF/web.xml
         [get] Getting:
http://localhost:8080/manager/install?path=/simple&war=file:///opt/tomcat/webapps/simple/
        [echo] OK - Deployed application at context
path /simple

      [delete] Deleting:
/home/damar/TapestryTutorial/simple/deploy-local-remove.txt

Build_All:
BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 10 seconds

#####end of compilation message ###

In the above, compilation is fine; it manages to
compile war file.  Amazingly, when I copied simple.war
file in  $TOMCAT/webapps directory, and restarted
tomcat, it could not expand. Tomcat is working fine.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Damar

RE: Parameter as custom array impossible?

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.