Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Tender Slim <xs...@gmx.com> on 2010/03/13 00:34:55 UTC

Tab menu problem

Here is my header and tab menu sketch

[            LOGO           ] [  SLOGAN  ]
[Start Here ]  [Search]  [Alert Me]  [Latest]  [Blog]
<-----------------------------------MENU TABS FOLLOWING MY BANNER

I have psml file for each of them and they are as shown in my
folder.metedata:

<folder hidden="false"
    xmlns="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/2.1/schemas/folder-metadata.xsd">

    <title>Top Folder</title>
    <short-title>Top Folder</short-title>

	<defaults layout-decorator="jetspeed"   portlet-decorator="jetspeed"
skin="jetspeed"/>

	<document-order>default-page.psml</document-order>
	<document-order>search-page.psml</document-order>
	<document-order>alert-me-page.psml</document-order>
	<document-order>latest-trail-page.psml</document-order>
	<document-order>blog-page.psml</document-order>

  <security-constraints>
    <security-constraints-ref>public-view</security-constraints-ref>
  </security-constraints>

</folder>

All the above named files are in  my
'/home/.../jetspeed/WebContent/WEB-INF/pages directory'.

'http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/porta'l brings up every thing as I had
specified but the following problems remain:
1. Only the portlets in default-page.psml (with title Start Here]) are
displayed.
2. Even so, there is no tab menu for it nor are any of the other tab menus
shown.

What else can I do to display the tab menus ([Start Here ] [Search] [Alert
Me] [Latest] [Blog]) as shown above.

I am using jetspped  2.2.0.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Tab menu problem

Posted by Tender Slim <xs...@gmx.com>.
Hello Randy,

Thanks for your response to my post, and attached is a 'page-linux.zip'
file.The 'linux' in the file name is just to let you know that the file was
zipped on a Linux systems -- it should not matter really. You can send
private info to my email address, but it would also be nice to discuss the
problem on the thread to leave others -- who might find themselves in
similar situation -- some clue to their problems.

Thank you.

Tender Slim http://old.nabble.com/file/p27886716/pages-linux.zip
pages-linux.zip

Re: Tab menu problem

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Tender Slim,

I am not sure what could be going wrong. If you could send me, (not the
list), a zip/tar of your pages directory, I'd be glad to take a look.

Randy