Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Lou Foss <fo...@us.ibm.com> on 2020/03/13 20:07:42 UTC

Support for RHEL on s390x

I was wondering if anyone has tried to create a nifi build on RHEL for
s390x architecture (Mainframe).

Willing to help anyone on the nifi dev team to get access to s390x
resources to test software.

We have a mainframe customer that wants to run NIFI to integrate with other
linux platforms.

I have tried creating a docker build using the linuxone community cloud but
I am running into a problem with snappy when starting the server
Caused by: org.xerial.snappy.SnappyError: [FAILED_TO_LOAD_NATIVE_LIBRARY]
no native library is found for os.name=Linux and os.arch=s390x

understand this might be a snappy issue.

I used the adoptopenjdk/8-jre-openj9 base image, which supports multiple
architectures including x86, s390x, ppc64le, and arm

Thanks,
Lou Foss

Software Client Architect, IBM US Public and Federal Market
Member, IBM Academy of Technology

Phone 301-252-1290
Internet:      fossl@us.ibm.com
twitter:  @fossl
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/fossl/

Re: Support for RHEL on s390x

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
> Caused by: org.xerial.snappy.SnappyError: [FAILED_TO_LOAD_NATIVE_LIBRARY]
> no native library is found for os.name=Linux and os.arch=s390x

That definitely looks like a Snappy issue. I'd recommend looking for build
instructions for your platform. It looks like once you get it built on
s390x, you can configure NiFi to load it by adding arguments to
bootstrap.conf that match what you see at the bottom of the snappy Java
README:

https://github.com/xerial/snappy-java