Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/29 12:49:20 UTC

ManifoldCF file encodings

Hi all,

I spent 20 minutes this morning converting all the Spanish translation
files to UTF-8.  This is a task I'd done once before, so it was a bit of a
surprise that it somehow reverted at some point.

Just for the record:

(1) ALL files in ManifoldCF are encoded UTF-8, including translation files,
documentation xml files, and java source files.
(2) Your IDE or editor is likely to improperly identify the encoding of
most files, so you will need to set UTF-8 as a default.

Thanks!
Karl