Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jesse Vitrone <je...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/14 23:50:07 UTC

[Axis2] jar conflicts

I'm getting the following error when I run -

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.xml.namespace.QName.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V
        at com.starwood.valhalla.booking.BookingServiceStub$CreateBooking.<clinit>(BookingServiceStub.java:19569)

>From what I see online, this happens when there are conflicts in the jars and it's loading the wrong javax.xml.namespace.QName .

I looked in the jars in our app (a lot of them) and I see QName in all these jars:
    jaxrpc.jar
    jaxb-api.jar
    woden-SNAPSHOT.jar
    stax-api-1.0.1.jar

If we use jaxb for other stuff in our app, does this mean I'm going to get screwed and not be able to use Axis2?

Is there a way, even programatically, to for this instance of this class to use the right jar?

Thanks in advance.

Re: [Axis2] jar conflicts

Posted by Jesse Vitrone <je...@yahoo.com>.
I tried a few things, and I can't seem to et WebSphere 5.1.x to use the QName from the stax-api-1.0.1.jar.

Set Parent Last for the class loader.
Unjarred stax-api-1.0.1.jar into my WEB-INF/classes.
Copied stax-api-1.0.1.jar into the WebSphere lib dir.

None of that seemed to help.  Any ideas what I can do to get WebSphere to work?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Axis2] jar conflicts

Posted by Jesse Vitrone <je...@yahoo.com>.

Re: [Axis2] jar conflicts

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Axis2] jar conflicts

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
My guess is the culprit could be the jaxrpc.jar. However I would say
this is not a reason to give up. One thing you can try is to rename
the jaxrpc.jar so that it has a name like xxxjaxrpc.jar to force the
classloader to load it later. Or you can expand it, remove the QName
class and repackage and see what happens :)

Ajith

On 9/14/06, Jesse Vitrone <je...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm getting the following error when I run -
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.xml.namespace.QName.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V
>         at com.starwood.valhalla.booking.BookingServiceStub$CreateBooking.<clinit>(BookingServiceStub.java:19569)
>

> From what I see online, this happens when there are conflicts in the jars and it's loading the wrong javax.xml.namespace.QName .
>
> I looked in the jars in our app (a lot of them) and I see QName in all these jars:
>     jaxrpc.jar
>     jaxb-api.jar
>     woden-SNAPSHOT.jar
>     stax-api-1.0.1.jar
>
> If we use jaxb for other stuff in our app, does this mean I'm going to get screwed and not be able to use Axis2?
>
> Is there a way, even programatically, to for this instance of this class to use the right jar?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [Axis2] jar conflicts

Posted by Giri <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi
when i deploy axis web service in WAS5.0 te following error i used to
get in server log files.?

(com.awpl.ws.servicebean.WsUtil).
java.lang.SecurityException: class
"org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator"'s signer information does not
match signer information of other classes in the same package
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.checkCerts(ClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))

regards
Giri babu