Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Curtney Jacobs <c....@comcast.net> on 2003/07/23 16:38:05 UTC

Reflecting Changes in a Form After data has been updated

Greetings everyone!

I have an input form where my users can update their profile. After the user
have select the "Update" button I would like the form to reflect the updated
information the user has just submitted.

What is the best way to implement this?

I can think of one way; in my update action class after the data has been
successfully updated in the database, copy the fields from my value object
(updated data) back into the ActionForm and subsequently put it back into the
current session. Is this the most efficient/elegant way of doing this?

Thanks inadvance,

_CJ